Are you a skilled and creative formulation chemist with an expertise in emulsions who would like to contribute to a better environment? Keep on reading!
As a formulation chemist-emulsion specialist you will be part of OrganoClick’s R&D-department. Job tasks include theoretical and practical work related to OrganoClick’s chemical products including blending and emulsifying formulations. You will be part of projects operating in all of OrganoClicks business areas (wood, textile and paper). One of the major product areas that you will be involved in is the development of superhydrophobic woven/non-woven fabric products for exciting new textile applications and for the outdoor industry. Part of your job will also be to interact with our business commercial team and with external government and non-government organizations, such as universities and research institutes. In joining our development team you will be given a unique opportunity in being part of developing a new industrial company working with green chemistry. You will be working in a dynamic and creative environment where your own ideas and initiatives are welcome.
The position is full-time, open-ended and is located in Täby.
You have a solid understanding of structure property relationships in polymers and interfaces and an ability to develop new products and processes. You have skills in designing stable emulsion systems that are both compatible with various fiber materials (i.e. textiles, paper and wood) and other resins. We believe you also have experience in developing oil in water emulsions for use as coatings systems.
- A master or Ph.D. degree in Colloid and Surface chemistry, Polymer chemistry, galenic pharmacy or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience within the field of developing chemical formulations, especially formulation experience in textile hydrophobization products, and/or colorants, cosmetics, other O/W-based emulsions and dispersions with the applications of polymers, emulsifiers, surfactants, and dispersants.
- You are familiar and have confidence in preparing bench top formulations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
As a person you are/have:
- Creative, independent and self-motivated.
- The ability to plan your work and thereafter perform it both independently and in teams.
- Flexible and adapt to varying situations to attain goals and meet deadlines.
- The ability to evaluate, represent and communicate technical data.
- Detail oriented.
OrganoClick is a young, innovative materials- and chemicals technology company developing and supplying environmentally friendly materials and chemical products to the textile, construction and packaging industry. OrganoClick’s technology for modification of bio-fibres originates from scientific research at Stockholm University and the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences. Applications include flame and rot protected wooden products, water resistant paper materials and water repellent textiles. The company has been awarded numerous prices and has been appointed as “Sweden’s most promising start-up company” and been appointed as a Climate Solver by the World Wildlife Foundation – WWF.
Last application date: Contious recruitment apply as soon as possible
For information: Contact Recruitment consultants Ellinor Crafoord +46 733434502 or Rebecca Dovega, +46 725479919. Apply at www.dfind.se
Ort:Täby, Stockholms län