The leading personal care ingredients event reveals a focus on R&D at its Global event in The Netherlands from 17-19 April 2018.
The ever-evolving personal care industry changes radically from one year to the next. With 2017 witnessing the rise of colour cosmetics, facial masks and ramped up haircare products, what can we expect to hit the market in 2018? Fortunately for cosmetic manufacturers, in-cosmetics Global will return in April, putting the spotlight on all the latest trends.
According to Mintel, the four big trends will be: biotechnology, in response to environment stressors on skin and hair; definitions of beauty; brands with personality; and customisation driven by digital technology. R&D professionals the world over will gather at RAI Amsterdam from 17-19 April next year to benefit from in-cosmetics Global’s unmissable one-stop-shop of networking, knowledge transfer and technical tips for the next formulations. Attendance at the event will guarantee visitors are first in line to learn about innovations, upcoming trends and start-up companies.
Around 95% of exhibitors are international and will be on hand with their latest ingredients. They will be complemented by an exciting educational programme, featuring prominent speakers from across the globe and an unmatched array of interactive areas on the show floor.
For the first time, in-cosmetics will introduce a series of R&D Tours, building on the show’s focus on education and inspiration. Two topics will be covered – Biotechnology Actives and the Future in Anti-Ageing – with R&D professionals invited to join an exclusive tour that will highlight the most unique, innovative ingredients on display. Also new to the 2018 show will be a Pre-Show Regulatory Conference, held in association with Conusbat, which will provide a wealth of valuable information to manufacturers.
The Formulation Lab®, (sponsored by Brentag) will be one of the most popular interactive areas, where R&D professionals will learn from highly skilled experts through a series of bookable hands-on demonstrations. Providing delegates with the latest guidance on how to overcome common formulation challenges and learn the secrets to creating winning formulations, these sessions are not to be missed.
Event organiser Reed Exhibitions has announced its exciting Formulation Challenge will run at the Global event for the very first time. Sponsored by Croda, on 19 April, a select few leading cosmetic manufacturers will battle it out to create the most innovative and impressive formulation from a box of mystery raw materials in just 90 minutes. A panel of market specialists will judge their work and, following a nail-biting wait, the winner will be revealed.
Six other reasons to visit in-cosmetics Global in Amsterdam:
1. Browse the popular Make-Up Bar for the latest product innovations and the opportunity to touch and test the ingredients on display.
2. Experience the Sensory Bar’s unusual textures and sensations first-hand, including hybrid textures, jellies, butters and powders.
3. Visit the event’s Innovation Zone – a launchpad for more than 100 state-of-the-art ingredients (sponsored by Ashland).
4. Stop by Sustainability Corner, which will showcase a selection of initiatives and insightful presentations as the beauty industry continues to pave the way towards a fundamentally more sustainable business model.
5. Build your industry knowledge at the world-renowned Marketing Trends & Regulations and Technical Seminar Theatres andWorkshop programme, with each session focusing on the industry’s most of-the-moment topics.
6. Attend the highly anticipated After Party on 17 April, where the in-cosmetics Global awards will take place. Expert judges will review all entries and present the most innovative suppliers with their prizes at the show.
Speaking ahead of the 2018 edition of the event, Roziani Zulkifli, Exhibition Manager of in-cosmetics Global, commented: “We can’t wait to bring the show back to Amsterdam and introduce the new elements we have been developing. The R&D Tours, Formulation Challenge and Pre-Show Regulatory Conference have all been coined to further inform and inspire our visiting cosmetics manufacturers – even when they are pressed for time.
“in-cosmetics Global will provide unrivalled educational value to a broad international range of cosmetic professionals and we look forward to welcoming them all in April.”
in-cosmetics Global will take place at RAI Amsterdam from 17-19 April 2018. For more information, please visit http://www.in-cosmetics.com/.